Bac Kan province has confirmed a second A/H5N1-infection case in Na Tao hamlet, Nhu Co commune, Cho Moi district. The patient, Nguyen Thi Thanh Thu, 27, visited a bird flu-infected area four or five days before being diagnosed with the deadly virus.
The healthcare centre in Cho Moi district has reported nine suspected cases, eight of them from Na Tao hamlet. All nine showed symptoms of high fever, breathing difficulty and coughing.
The first A/H5N1 case was detected in Bac Kan on April 5. The patient, Trung Van Hoa, 22, was also from Na Tao hamlet.
At present, local authorities and health agencies are intensifying emergency measures to sterilise infected areas and strictly monitor new outbreaks of the disease.
Cho Moi district has been given 700 doses of Tamiflu vaccine and enough medical equipment to ensure that necessary checkups and treatment can be provided to local patients.
• Healthy woman dies of swine flu in Hong Kong (Link)
• Swine flu outbreak hits parts of Accra (Link)
• Seven flu-like clusters reported, says minister (Link)
• Hospital flu admissions climb 700% (Link)
• Bird flu fully under control in Dien Bien (Link)
• Another A/H5N1 infection case reported in Bac Kan (Link)
• Pandemic flu: “Just don’t let it start” (Link)
• Recombinomics: All CDC Designated US pH1N1 Low Reactors Have Same Change (Link)
• Recombinomics: pH1N1 D225G In 2010 North Carolina and Wyoming Sequences (Link)
• Recombinomics: D225G Low Reactor In Washington State (Link)