Mexican officials say they have confirmed the first mutation of the A(H1N1) flu virus in a girl who survived the infection.
Health Minister Jose Angel Cordova told Mexican journalists on Wednesday that the case was the first confirmed mutation of the swine flu virus, though there were 423 other suspected cases.
He said the girl was treated two months ago . . . . (Continued)
• 14 new outbreaks of H5N1 in birds in February (Link)
• Influenza Pandemic (H1N1) (20): China, Update (Link)
• WHO confirms 5 human H5N1 cases (Link)
• Indonesian Expert Disagrees that Bird Flu is Under Control (Link)
• A(H1N1) 263 ILI cases last week (Link)
• Revised CDC data on H1N1 hospitalizations and deaths (Link)