2010-02-10
While the number of influenza A(H1N1) cases has continued to wane, cases of seasonal influenza B have continued to increase, the Department of Health (DOH) said yesterday. (snip)

DOH-contracted laboratories have found 88 percent of new flu cases to be H1N1 type, with the remaining 12 percent tested as being B-type. (snip)

The trend is especially obvious in China, with influenza B accounting for around 40 percent of flu cases, Shih added.

continued

http://www.etaiwannews.com/etn/news_content.php?id=1176976&lang=eng_news&cate_img=316.jpg&cate_rss=news_Health

China
•  A critical case of human swine influenza patient at PMH (Hong Kong) (Link)

Mexico
•  Return to classes elevates deaths: San Luis Potosí, Chihuahua and Aguascalientes, the most affected (translated) (Link)

United States
•  Swine Flu Deaths Rise Slightly (Link)
•  MO: H1N1 flu still making Missourians sick (Link)

General
•  WHO: Update on human cases of H5N1 infection in 2009 (Link)
•  Of Swine and Men (Link)

 

Advertisements