Recombinomics Commentary 10:15
December 25, 2009
There is limited evidence of antiviral resistance in Scotland: seven of the 30 oseltamivir resistant viruses in the UK have been identified in Scotland.
The above comments are from the latest (week 51) influenza update from Scotland. The above numbers represent an increase of 5 from the prior week for the UK and like the US, show that in the past 5 reports, the numbers have jumped darmatically. In the week 46 report, there were 12 cases in the UK (including 3 in Scotland) for the entire pandemic and now there are 30.
• ProMED: Russia – H1N1 outbreak in pigs (Link)
• A/H1N1 flue cases reach 737 in Tanzania (Link)
• Northern Ireland: Two-year-old with swine flu dies (Link)
• KS: Fear of H1N1 virus shouldn’t spoil common courtesy (Link)
• NH: Strafford County, NH Woman in Critical Condition with Gastrointestinal Anthrax (Link)
• NY: H1N1 strikes New York dog (Link)
• TX: El Paso Officials Say H1N1 Lingers (Link)