Yesterday at 11:32 | Interfax-Ukraine
Ukraine’s Deputy Chief Sanitary Doctor Liudmyla Mukharska has forecast that a second wave of the A/H1N1 flu in the country could come in December 2009 or January 2010, while a third one could be seen in next autumn.
She said this at a teleconference on fighting the epidemic of flu and acute respiratory infections in Ukraine, which was chaired by Health Minister Vasyl Kniazevych, the Health Ministry’s press service reported on Nov. 18.
The participants in the teleconference said that the situation with flu and acute respiratory infections in Ukraine was stabilizing last week and that over 1.4 million patients had been registered over the period.
Over 75,000 people have been hospitalized over the period of the flu epidemic, nearly 48,000 have been discharged from hospitals, and the epidemic threshold is not currently exceeded in five regions, the press service said.
As ofNov. 17evening, the death toll from flu and acute respiratory infections in Ukraine has grown to 328.
One hundred and sixty-six cases of the pandemic A/H1N1 flu were laboratory-confirmed, and 15 people have died of swine flu.
• Swine flu – the number of victims in Ukraine grows up every hour (Link)
• The number of diseased people is now close to 1.5 million (Link)
• Fragile Care Worsened Swine Flu in Ukraine (Link)
• B.C. sees spike in severe reactions to flu shot (Link)
• Hungarian authorities declare swine flu epidemic (Link)
• Indonesia: To produce local vaccine (translated) (Link)
• H1N1 flu death toll at 100 (Link)
• Russia registers 5,613 A/H1N1 flu cases (Link)
• Switzerland registers first swine flu death (Link)
• Visually Mapping Avian Flu May Help H1N1 (Link)
• U.S.: Santas lobby for H1N1 vaccine (Link)
• U.S.: Air Force Adds Kids to Pentagon’s Mandatory H1N1 Vaccine Program (Link)
• US – House committees probe pandemic vaccine decisions (Link)
• NV: NV: State Reallocating Las Vegas Vaccine Supply Away From Health Dist. (Link)
• NY: 4th death in Rochester area confirmed and 3 other deaths in NY state (Link)
• OR: Lane County H1N1 deaths disproportionately high (Link)
• OR: McMinnville Oregon woman dies from H1N1 (Link)
• OR: pet cat death confirmed from H1N1 in Oregon (Link)
• OR: Three new deaths, 22 new hospitalizations (Link)
• PA: (26y/o) Philadelphia man dies after long flu ordeal (Link)
• TX: Officials confirm Tarrant’s 8th swine flu death (Link)
• WI: Department of Health Services confirms 11 more swine flu deaths in Wisconsin (Link)
• WI: Wisconsin confirms 11 more deaths, 31 total now, 33% increase in one week (Link)
• Recombinomics: Niman says D225G change in H1N1 is in Ukraine, other nations (Link)