The World Health Organization has forecasted three waves of A/H1N1 flu in Ukraine and in the world.
Yesterday at 13:39 | Interfax-Ukraine The World Health Organization (WHO) has forecasted three waves of A/H1N1 flu in Ukraine and in the world, Head of WHO office in Ukraine Ihor Pokanevych told Deutsche Welle on Nov. 5.
According to him, the first wave is being observed now, the second will come next spring, and the third during the autumn of 2010.
Pokanevych said that imposing quarantines and vaccination should be the main focus of flu A/H1N1 prevention in Ukraine. According to him, it would be reasonable to continue quarantine measures in Ukraine’s western regions and to impose quarantine in the regions where a rate of infections may soon exceed the epidemiological threshold.
Moreover, Pokanevych insisted on the need for the urgent immunization of the population against the A/H1N1 virus.
Ukraine flu response ‘over the top’: expert (Link)
• 28 swine flu cases confirmed in Ukraine, 13 die of swine flu, says emergencies ministry (Link)
• 134 dead as of Nov. 6 – Government Chart (translated) (Link)
• Swine flu in Przemysl (translated) (Link)
• Pandemic politics (Link)
• First Swine Flu Case Reported In Azerbaijan (Link)
• One transplanted man (translated)(Link)
• Swine flu surfaces in Pakistan (Link)
• Flu situation in Russia not as bad as in Ukraine, but far from calm (Link)
• Kosovo has 3 H1N1 cases (Link)
• Turkey records two more A/H1N1 flu deaths (Link)
• 160 pupils at a Scotland school hit by swine flu (Link)
• US: Goldman Sachs, Citigroup got swine flu vaccine(Link)
• US: Flu shots for workers hit sticking point(Link)
• US: Walmart – Risking Demerits or Spreading H1N1?(Link)
• US: CDC Weekly Influenza Update (Link)
• US: Most adults who want a swine-flu vaccine unable to get one (Link)
• CDC: Pediatric Deaths (chart) (Link)
• CA: 11th death confirmed in Bakersfield, prominent Kern County official (Link)
• IL + IA: Illinois reports 8 new deaths, total now 36, and Iowa 3 new deaths (Link)
• IL: 12-year-old probably fifth H1N1 death in Lake County (Link)
• MN: Santas prepare for H1N1 flu threat (Link)
• MS: Mississippi confirms 10 deaths, total may be 50% higher (Link)
• NE: The Nebraska Medical Center is trying to manage the outbreak of the H1N1 virus (Link)
• NY: upstate seeing all-time record levels of ILI for this time of year (Link)
• OH: Toledo-Lucas County new mom perishes from H1N1 (Link)
• OH: a NJ man, 53, died in Ohio from H1N1 (Link)
• PA: Insight into Flu Vaccine Storage (Link)
• Bird flu re-emerges in poultry (Link)
• Global swine flu toll passes 6,000 mark: WHO(Link)
• Models demonstrate effectiveness of social distancing (Link)
• Actress Nicole Kidman caught the flu (Link)
• Europe: Weekly ECDC report shows intense levels of H1N1 in Ireland et al (Link)
• Pandemic Flu Vaccine Campaigns May Be Undermined By Coincidental Medical Events (Link)
• Flu Symptoms to Look for in Your Kitty (Link)