Scott County’s first H1N1 death was confirmed this morning, the county’s coroner John Goble said.
The 39-year-old man, Matthew Finger of Georgetown, had no underlying health conditions and died at his sister’s home, Rebecca Finger, sister of the deceased, said.
Finger died Saturday, Oct. 3, making him the first to die in an “uncontrolled setting,” Goble said.
He is the only male to die of the H1N1 virus out of the six Kentucky deaths.
The H1N1 confirmation did not come until today and Goble said the man had not been under a doctor’s care.
Finger had only complained of a headache the night before his death, Rebecca Finger told the News-Graphic.
“He wasn’t overweight.
• MOH ‘investigating’ reports of surge in ILI (Link)
• Seven die of Swine Flu on Tuesday, India Toll rises to 396 (Link)
• Irish singer died from ‘lungs filled with fluid’ (Link)
• Swine flu jab ‘is safe in pregnancy’ (Link)
• US: ED Docs Fret About H1N1 Strain on Resources (Link)
• US: Half of sickest H1N1 patients had been healthy (Link)
• AZ: Luke Air Force Base airman dies of H1N1 flu complications (Link)
• GA: Harlem girl dies of H1N1 flu in Atlanta (Link)
• GA: Augusta girl, 10, died of H1N1, 2nd to die with no underlying health issues (Link)
• MD: Maryland has another confirmed death from H1N1 (Link)
• MI: Dearborn High School student confirmed H1N1 case (Link)
• NM: Farmington area/ Four Corners experiences a ‘big jump’ in H1N1 cases (Link)
• OH: OSU Med Center curtails visits from under 13s (Link)
• OH: 5 of the seven Ohio H1N1 deaths have been in Franklin County (Link)
• OK: 4 yr old died of influenza A in Tulsa County (Link)
• PA: People With Flu Symptoms Flood Emergency Rooms (Link)
• TX: 8 Swine Flu Deaths in Harris County (Link)
• WI: Medford ISD closes all classes until Oct. 19 due to H1N1 (Link)
• WV: 4th Swine Flu Death Confirmed in Cabell County (Link)
• The Legacy of 1918: Some Side Effects of Flu May Show Up Decades Later(Link)
• (UK and US) Swine flu vaccine shunned despite availability (Link)
• Seasonal and Swine Flu Threat Greater for People With Psoriasis Who Are Taking Immunosuppressive Drugs (Link)