The National Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology is studying the genes of H1N1 virus from two patients following suspicion about its resistance to the antiviral drug oseltamivir or Tamilflu.
The two patients were among the 19 people admitted to the institute so far, Director Nguyen Van Kinh said Wednesday. Three of these cases were locally transmitted, he added.
The Health Ministry reported Wednesday 11 new influenza A (H1N1) patients – seven in the south, one in the central and three in the northern region, raising the country’s tally to 259.
Of these, 186 patients have been discharged from hospitals after full recovery.
The ministry also said they are closely monitoring treatment-resistance among the virus.
• Argentina 70 killed, 82 unofficial (Link)
• Absenteeism at record levels in Australia due to flu (Link)
• HK’s first serious H1N1 patient loses consciousness (Link)
• Man back from Los Angeles tests positive for H1N1 (Link)
• Second swine flu death in Spain (Link)
• Number of reported flu sufferers in Scotland falls (Link)
• Swine flu at 3 more East Lancashire schools (Link)
• HPA Weekly pandemic flu update (Link)
• UK swine flu death toll hits 14 (Link)
• London on the verge of swine flu epidemic as two more die (Link)
• ‘Quarter of flu cases are genuine swine flu’ as death toll jumps to 14 (Link)
• NHS ‘not ready’ to deal with swine flu epidemic, leaked memo reveals (Link)
• Efforts to contain spread of swine flu are to cease (Link)
• Swine Flu Summit: Govt Checks on State Readiness (Link)
• Obama Administration Calls on Nation to Begin Planning and Preparing for Fall Flu Season & the New H1N1 Virus (Link)
• Woman, 25, is Palm Beach County’s first swine flu death (Link)
• N.J. Reports 10th Swine Flu Death (Link)
• US Officials Planning H1N1 School Vaccine Program – WSJ (Link)
• Swine flu spurs restrictions on Calif. prisoner intake (Link)
• Eighth Mich. person dies of swine flu (Link)
• San Diego County reports 5th swine flu death (Link)
• NYC school nurse recounts swine flu triage (Link)
• SD: Swine flu confirmed for 89 campers; 6th SD death reported (Link)
• CA: Monterey Co. Reports First Swine Flu Related Death (Link) and (Link)
• CA: First swine flu death in Santa Cruz County (Link)
• Flu scare at Dickinson College (Link)
• Colorado – 84 sick cadets isolated at Air Force Academy (Link)