* New flu virus not connected to H1N1 outbreak
* Hogs transmitted virus to workers
SASKATOON, Saskatchewan, July 7 (Reuters) – Two farm workers in Western Canada have become infected with a new flu virus, health officials said on Tuesday, stressing the strain was not related to the H1N1 pandemic.The two workers, both employees at a hog barn operation in the province of Saskatchewan, have fully recovered. A third case is under investigation.
The new virus contains genes from a seasonal human H1N1 flu strain and a flu virus common in the swine population called triple reassortant H3N2, said Dr. Greg Douglas, Saskatchewan’s chief veterinary officer.
The virus is not connected to the H1N1 strain, sometimes referred to as swine flu, that has killed more than 400 people worldwide. That strain is believed to have begun in Mexico and has been labeled a pandemic by the World Health Organization.
There are no signs of increased illness in the hog herd, Douglas added.
• Emphasize the Importance of Efficient Adminstration of the Drug (Link)
• Assessing the Progress of the Virus in More That 300 Community Kitchens (Link)
• Cabinet Chief Recovers from Flu A (Link)
• Argentines question government as flu spreads (Link)
• Government will take a long weekend “Health Holiday” to curb flu (translated) (Link)
• Swine flu family’s Chinese protest (Link)
• Swine Flu death (Link)
• Clinics struggle to cope with swine flu rush (Link)
• Palestinian fatwa bans marriage without A/H1N1-free proof (Link)
• Paraguay reports 3 new deaths due to A/H1N1 flu (Link)
• Three more die as swine flu cases pass 7,500 in the UK (Link)
• Swine flu cases to double every three days in Wales (Link)
• Call to appoint swine flu friends (Link)
• REDBRIDGE: New swine flu warning issued (Link)
• Swine flu quarantine grows at San Quentin (Link)
• CA: First death of H1N1 in [Stanislaus] county confirmed (Link)
• NV: Clark County Man Dies Of H1N1 Virus (Link)
• Mixed Marks for Swine Flu Updates (Link)
• Influenza monitoring by the US military – DoD-GEIS (Link)
• Mysterious Death of Local Musician Investigated (Link)
• O.C. has most swine flu deaths in state (Link)
• 19-Year-Old Is Orange County’s First Swine Flu Related Death (Link)