THE NRL’s season from hell stood on the brink of fresh chaos last night after Maroons prop Ben Hannant was diagnosed with swine flu, while at least one NSW staff member is suspected to be carrying the H1N1 influenza 09 virus.
In a development that could send the premiership into a quarantine quagmire, Hannant has been ordered into isolation with his family on the Gold Coast.
It’s feared he contracted swine flu in Melbourne during last week’s Origin I campaign, placing a cloud over the game’s 34 elite players.
Those concerns will deepen further today if tests on NSW physio Tony Ayoub confirm the Blues staffer also has the virus.
Ayoub fell ill on Friday night, sending his club side the Bulldogs – where Hannant also plays – into a mild panic.
2. More than 1000 Aussies have swine flu
3. Swine flu isolation: What you need to know
Suspected H1N1 Cases No Reason to Keep Kids Home: Levy
5. Second person dies from H1N1 flu in Chile
6. China reports fifth A/H1N1 case via local transmission
7. Number of confirmed A/H1N1 flu cases rises to 80 on Chinese Mainland
8. India confirms three fresh swine flu cases, total eight
9. Andhra requests Centre for PPE to contain swine flu
10. 4 Duquesne U. students have swine flu in Italy
11. New-flu infections in Japan rises to 424
12. Swine flu cases in Spain soar to 291
13. Swine flu case at biggest Army base
14. New Orleans Mayor Nagin Quarantined in China