(This is an article just found. It is debunking the orginal story of 24 suspect bf cases. You decide.-cottontop)
Status Report on Avian Influenza outbreak as on (25.02.09)
— West Bengal
– District Darjeeling
– Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairying & Fisheries, GOI has notified fresh Avian Influenza outbreak in Punding Forest Busty [block Kurseong], district Darjeeling on 24th February, 2009.
– District Dakshin Dinajpur
– Containment measures are continuing in the notified areas of Dakshin Dinajpur.
– Central Rapid Response Team of MoHFW is assisting the state health authorities.
– Culling activity has been completed on 21.2.2009.
– A total of 8273 birds have been culled.
– 75 cullers are under chemoprophylaxis.
– Surveillance activities is continuing in 0-3 Km and 3-10 Km. In 0-3 Km area total population of 22566 is covered on daily basis. 24 cases of URI/Fever have been identified in the community on 24.2.2009 but had no exposure history to sick/dead poultry.