June 14, 2009 12:00am
Senior sporting activities at Westminster School have also been cancelled this weekend.
SA Health says there are now 47 confirmed swine flu cases in South Australia, with three people in hospital.
Two patients in Flinders Medical Centre are in a stable condition, but a 48-year-old man at Royal Adelaide Hospital who has tested positive is in hospital with a serious condition unrelated to swine flu.
A 15-year-old male Year 10 boarding student at Westminster was confirmed with swine flu late Friday, with parents of all students immediately notified.
Parents of children who were in classes with the student have been asked to keep their children at home until Wednesday, while all male boarding students at the school are being quarantined either in the school’s boarding accommodation or at home.
Some Year 10 teaching staff and boarding staff will also remain in quarantine until Wednesday.
“Westminster School is working closely with the SA Department of Health to ensure all appropriate measures are undertaken and we will continue to do so until the matter is resolved,” Westminster School principal Steve Bousfield said.
Students from Salisbury High School and Thomas More College also tested positive to swine flu on Friday.
Health officials are expected to further update the state’s swine flu situation later today.
2. Australia set to raise swine flu alert level
3. One in three could have swine flu (Austrailia)
4. Seven cases of Swine Flue Detected in Bahrain
5. Ottawa raises prospect of closing clinics at epicentre of Manitoba flu outbreak
6. Hong Kong at ‘extreme risk’ in event of pandemic
7. Swine flu scare: Sector-49 family quarantined
8. Iran’s airports look for swine flu sufferers
9. Swine flu starting to spread: 20 more cases this weekend
10. Tobago confirms another case
11. Government to divide Britain in bid to fight pandemic
12. Update on confirmed swine flu cases 14 June 2009
13. Scotland’s swine flu total nears 500 mark
14. UK flu death: More details expected
15. Pennsylvania – Milton Hershey School Tests Students for SF
16.Sebelius promises swine flu vaccine
17. Swine flu confirmed in Callaway County, MO
18. Atlanta, Georgia – Scouts may have been exposed to swine flu
19. Oregon’s First Confirmed Death From Novel H1N1
20. Washington – Emergency rule requires hospitalization reporting in state
21. National influenza A (H1N1) total up to 26