BUENOS AIRES, June 5 (Xinhua) — Argentine Health Ministry said on Friday that to the moment the confirmed cases of the A/H1N1 flu in the country was 163, most of whom are children and teenagers.
Most of the patients are students of elementary and middle schools from Buenos Aires, capital of the country and from Gran Buenos Aires. The Malbran Institute has 830 pending samples to be analyzed.
In the last 24 hours there were 16 new cases and the Emergency Committee has been discussing the possibility of suspending school activities.
Argentine Education Minister Juan Carlos Tedesco and Interior Minister Florencia Randazzo were against suspending school activities.
Tedesco said that “it is not a generalized situation” in the country to take a measure like that because “to the moment, there is a strong concentration of confirmed cases in the city of BuenosAires and the suburbs, mainly at the Gran Buenos Aires north zone.”
Nurses call for special leave during swine flu outbreak
Remote Manitoba First Nation confirms 2 cases of swine flu
4. Winnipeg emergency departments experience spike in visits
5. Regina school has one swine flu case, 100 or more possible
6. NV: No need to be scared’ of 5th swine flu case
7. Cobourg Ontario Canada – First Case Swine Flu
8. MB:Flu-like outbreak keeps hundreds of students away from Dauphin schools
9. Canada’s health minister announces $10.8M to fight swine flu
10. Flu sweeps Dauphin school
11. Canada: H1N1 flu forum announced (Winnipeg,June 8)
12. First H1N1 case confirmed in Cayman
13. Bird culling fails, disease spreads
14. Mexican H1N1 death toll rises to 106
15. Prepare for swine flu: officials
16. DOH may stop hospital-based treatment of H1N1 patients
17. Two more cases confirmed (translated)
18. Big jump in H1N1
19. Gov’t: First swine flu infection in Switzerland
20. Jump in Scotland’s Swine Flu Cases
Shows Community Spread
21. Baby among 22 new swine flu cases
22. Doctors confirmed with swine flu
23. New swine flu deaths reported in 6 states
24. Bay Area records first death tied to swine flu
25. Aspen Colorado – Swine flu surfaces in Pitkin County
26. First Swine Flu Death Reported in Wisconsin
27. NY Health Dept. Confirms City’s Eighth H1N1 Flu-Related Death